× Members

Sanctions UC whilst on pip

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287466 by Anxiousannie
Sanctions UC whilst on pip was created by Anxiousannie
Hi there

I have poor mental health and having a baby has made it work so I would not be returning to work, my work might be making me redundant anyway.

Will I be sanctioned for not working if I get the daily enhanced rate of pip?

Everything is so confusing and stressful I feel like giving up

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287483 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Sanctions UC whilst on pip
Hi Anxiousannie,

Working or not doesn't interfere with PIP as it is not means tested. I've worked, and not worked, and informed them without any changes to my award. It could interfere with other benefits though, so if this is the case, please use the following website below:

benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287697 by Anxiousannie
Replied by Anxiousannie on topic Sanctions UC whilst on pip
Hi Christ sorry I think I confused you by not writing it well.

Will my UC be sanctioned even though I’m on pip?

Thanks

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287705 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Sanctions UC whilst on pip
A

No, you would not be sanctioned.

As you have a young child you should not be required to work

Under 1 - You will not be expected to look for work.
Age 1 - You will not be expected to look for work. The only work-related activity you will be expected to do is to have regular appointments to discuss a future move into work.
Age 2 - You will not be expected to look for work. The work-related activities you will be expected to do are having regular appointments with Universal Credit and work preparation activities, such as writing your CV.
Age between 3 and 12 - You will be expected to work up to 30 hours a week, or spend up to 30 hours a week on work-related activities such as applying for jobs.

Have you asked to be assessed for Limited Capability for Work? If awarded you would be excused from working whilst you continue to meet the criteria.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
2 months 1 week ago #287873 by Anxiousannie
Replied by Anxiousannie on topic Sanctions UC whilst on pip
Hi Gordon

Thank you.

I haven’t assessed myself what is this assessment please?

I’ve been feeling quite overwhelmed with this all recently it’s all really confusing and really grateful for this site to help as I wouldn’t have a clue with what to do.

Thanks you

More
2 months 1 week ago #287886 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Sanctions UC whilst on pip
A

If you believe that you are unfit for work then you can ask UC to assess you to see whether you meet the criteria for an award that will mean that you do not need to look for work, irrelevant of your child's age.

To start the process you will need to provide UC with a Fit Note.

The Assessment Phase is the time from when a Fit Note is presented to a Decision being made. You will need to maintain an active Fit Note for the whole of this period.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.