× Members

Advice agencies failing claimants at first hurdle

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287473 by lyingdown
Don't know about anyone else but in my borough in London the local disability advice org is now telling people who want help with a PIP appeal "you know they can cut your benefit don't you?" and nothing else, to put people off, when B&W say over 60% succeed! The appointment stage was met with "have you got better?" and nothing more, as if they can judge, & when it was about an appeal because they got the facts wrong and I can prove it. I can't wait to see what happens in the appointment.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287484 by Chris
Hi lyingdown,

Maybe's this group is commission based from the government ? First time I've heard it before - never been to London. Possible scare tactics to try and discourage people away from applying maybes?
Who knows!?!

I've approved your post in the event that hopefully someone can comment in relation to this with what's going on.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287510 by denby
Any time I'm talking benefits with anyone, I warn them to be careful of local advice agencies on the basis of the accounts of failure and bad advice on here. I recommend B&W instead as being 100% reliable.

I know someone who had good help from a local Law Centre but they are few and far between these days. Derbyshire County Council used to have a helpful benefits support section with a link to hospital discharges but I don't know if that still survives...
The following user(s) said Thank You: lyingdown, BIS, Chris

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287669 by clearwater
Replied by clearwater on topic Advice agencies failing claimants at first hurdle
sorry if this seems like a silly question, what is a local advice agencies?

is Citizens Avice one?

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287670 by Gary
Hi clearwater

There is no such thing as a silly question 🥴

A local advice agency is an advice agency close to where you live, yes Citizen Advice could be one, there are also independant advice agencies; see advicelocal.uk .

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.