× Members

SAVINGS AND BANK BALANCE JUST OVER £6000 BUT IT VARIOUS WEEK TO WEEK

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #288165 by DC
a quick update guys, after not receiving a reply to my letter to ESA regarding my bonds and bank balance being over the £6000. exactly 1 calender month had passed so i wrote again with a copy of the letter i sent in january, this time i asked the same questions, how often do i need to send in info, my balance of bank account and bonds can change within hours or even minutes as bills, debts, cash withdrawals, the stock market etc. This time I have sent it by recorded delivery and have proof it has been received. If and when I get a reply, I will update this topic with what they say. There is no guidance on how often to report such things even on government websites. Shambolic and completely unfair to treat someone who is being honest and with a severe anxiety didorder. Will let you know whe i hear backfrom them, hopefully with some clarity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #288175 by Gordon
DC

You are still overthinking this.

As previously advised, you only need to inform the DWP if assets and savings exceed the £6000 limit by one or more of the £250 bands.

So, if your total is £6000.01 then you need to inform them but you don't need to do so again, however, much or often they change until they reach a total of £6250.01 and again at £6500.01 and so on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 3 days ago #288667 by DC
quick update guys, i sent my letter in,, confirmed my balance and assets were over £6000. DWP received this letter on 20th Feb. My ESA was due today and nothing changed, same amount as usual. Theyve had 2 weeks but nothing has been deducted. They are either clueless as its so confusing for everyone or have ignored. It was sent by recorded delivery so ive done everything i can. i wont be contacting them again until i get a reply from them.

More
2 months 3 days ago #288668 by DC
i just dont want a massive bill months later but i have done my bit and have proof the letter was received

More
2 months 3 days ago #288675 by Chris
Hi DC,

I had slightly higher savings, and it took them from an assessment with me in June, till December before they finally told me that it was coming off my amount. They requested a full years worth of bank statements also. As a result (even though my savings are £10k) I'm now only getting £528 a month to live on UC - £400 of it is rent straight away, and the rest is gone within a week, so I'm forced into using my savings to cover the other £400-£500 per month that I need to spend on other things such as BB,TV Lic,Sky,Phone,Pet,Insurance,Car etc etc - so they can catch up with you eventually, should you be found to have owed them any monies.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 days ago #288710 by DC
thanks Chris, i cant believe how complicated it is. They cant just backdate things when you have clearly been honest with them. Write to your MP mate. They make you feel like a criminal even though you have been open and honest with them. CLUELESS and unfair when people are abiding by the rules and telling them !! any letter that comes now can take me days or weeks to open due to my severe anxiety disorder. I will never understand why you cant just have a system where you report your bank account and any savings you have online. I would definitely consider contacting your MP, mine has been amazing at helping me with other things. But this is a brand new thing for me & they cant keep putting people through the trauma and fear of expecting a letter saying youv now owe us this much, when you have clearly ben honest and open.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.