× Members

Pip and cancer

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287546 by Winston1968
Pip and cancer was created by Winston1968
My husband has just been diagnosed with Lung cancer and waiting confirmation of cancer in stomach area.
He is on high care of PIP and Standard for Mobility.
He is out of breath just walking a few step.
Does he have to have a new review if his whole pip or can they just review mobility side of it because he was previously only short of high mobility by 2 points.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287564 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip and cancer
Hi Winston1968

I'm sorry to hear of your husband's condition.

You should ring the DWP and say that you want to put in for a change of circumstances just for the mobility and because of his cancer diagnosis. As you are also awaiting a second diagnosis - then I suggest you ask them to make a paper-based decision and explain everything that he is going through. They will either send you a review form or they will allow you to write in the change of circumstances.

If (and I hope this is not the case) - he is given less than 12 months to live, there is a fast-track system for PIP. Now, in your case, your husband already has the high care - but they may deal with his case more quickly to review his mobility.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287700 by Winston1968
Replied by Winston1968 on topic Pip and cancer
We have now be told that the cancer is Terminal.
I will call them regarding them because his mobility is not good and will do as you have mentioned above.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287707 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip and cancer
Hi Winston1968

I'm sorry to hear that. Both of you are in my thoughts.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.