× Members

CFS/ME PIP Review Results & Timeline- thank you all so much!!

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287714 by sgbd
In March of 2023, I sent off my husband's PIP review. Following a telephone assessment with Capita (January 2024), he got his decision today! An ongoing (10 year) award with enhanced daily living and enhanced mobility! He also received a backpayment (which was surprising) for money owed from the start of his review last year (he was previously on standard daily living and enhanced mobility). I cannot thank Benefits and Work enough. We were absolutely terrified about this- especially because he can drive short distances. The PIP guidance here REALLY helped us to advocate for him- to know when to say "Yes, he can do this, but only slowly, or with pain." And we had the added comfort of knowing that there was advice available to us here if we had to go through a mandatory reconsideration or tribunal. I cannot express how truly relieved we both are, and how much the advice here and from the moderators has helped us. Thank you all again, so much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith, Sheila 966

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287715 by BIS
Hi sgbd

What wonderful news. Many congratulations to you both. I'm so glad that you found the guides so useful. Give yourselves a huge pat on the back for a job well done. Enjoy it.

BIS

Tags @RESULT @PIP @REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sgbd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.