× Members

Asking for PIP Form deadline Extension…. twice!

More
2 months 1 week ago #287952 by LZ
Help needed!
What are my rights to a longer extension on the deadline to returning my completed PIP 2 Form!?

I have already called them and received a two week extension which was up yesterday! 🫣

I did try to call the past two days but couldn’t keep waiting on hold on the phone….. I am trying them again now so thought would be good to know what my rights are in this regard!? (My disability is what causes the need for extra time!!)

Thanks in advance 🙏

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #287959 by BIS
Hi LZ

There are 'no rights' for you to be offered a second extension. People have been awarded two or three - but you were a little unwise to leave it until the last minute. Please ring again ASAP and hold on until you get through - it could be up to an hour or more. What you don't want the DWP to do is to cancel your claim because they think you haven't returned the form. Now, they should give you a little extra time - but you never know how long that is. Not trying to scare you, but that's the reality of what can happen.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.