× Members

Contribution based ESA / Disability Premium

More
2 months 1 week ago #287984 by jorgehugo68
Contribution based ESA / Disability Premium was created by jorgehugo68
I'm going round in circles in relation to trying to find out whether I should of been claiming /receiving Disability premium as I currently get PIP and contribution based ESA ?

Most of the info I can get from the gov.uk website states that only Income related ESA can get severe or enhanced , but can't seem to pin down if you are on contribution based whether you can still claim for disability premium ( which I have never had)

My ESA consists of : Living expenses and my extra money for the support group - giving me a total of £129.50/week .

I'd be grateful for your help / advice once again

Regards
Jorgehugo68

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #287988 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Contribution based ESA / Disability Premium
j

The Disability Premium is not payable with ESA and was/is replaced by the WRAG component or the Support Group one.

No Premiums are payable with Contribution Based ESA.

However, if you are receiving what is now called Legacy ESA, not new New Style ESA, you may qualify for an Income Related top-up to your ESA(CB) if the calculated ESA(IR) amount, which would include eligible Premiums, minus any relevant deductions exceeds the amount of ESA(CB) you are receiving now.

If you think that this is the case then contact the DWP and ask for an ESA3 form which captures details of your household income and assets and savings.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jorgehugo68

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.