× Members

Cancer diagnosis

More
2 months 1 week ago #288051 by Souter
Cancer diagnosis was created by Souter
My close friend has been told she has lung cancer also in lymph nodes. She receives PIP but only low rate. Is there a different form for people with cancer or do they have to go through the stress of completing the paperwork. Many thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #288054 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Cancer diagnosis
Hi Souter

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. If she has been told she has less than 12 months to live - there is a fast track process. If she has not - she can put in for a change of circumstances which will trigger a review. Just be aware - the cancer diagnosis will not mean that she will automatically get enhanced rate.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Souter

More
2 months 4 days ago #288204 by Rebecca
Replied by Rebecca on topic Cancer diagnosis
i'd advise her to speak to her Macmillan nurse or the benefits team at the hospital she has/will have treatment at - they will likely fill the forms in for her or assist.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.