× Members

Do I actually qualify for PIP

More
2 months 1 week ago #288069 by zak
Do I actually qualify for PIP was created by zak
Hi

I am applying for PIP on the basis of depression that started in Sept last year.

I was advised to do PIP initially by a social worker whose speciality is in housing not PIP, so didnt really know all the rules I dont think.

So I wrote my form and had it reviewed by a professional I trust who went into great depth about my from. She said it won't pass for many reasons (i.e that I havent answered the descriptors which she is right about as I cannot comprehend them)

- but she also pointed out something I'd not thought of - the big dfficulty I have with the main qualifying condition i.e. expected to last up to a year i.e. till Sept 2024, and asked if maybe the doctor could write a letter evidencing that this is likely be the case based on previous episodes of depression (which only lasted 3 months) - which she can't do, I asked her today. I mean no-one can predict the future. She (the PIP professional) thinks without that, it will get thrown out quickly as the asessors will think I'm likely to get better soon and there is no evidence this is a long term condition. This is possibly true actually, I might get better soon.

So, considering the mental stress doing this forms puts me under, and the fact that it is unlikely an assessor will pass it owing to my lack of basic qualifying, would I be best to leave it and concentrate on getting mentally well.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #288079 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Do I actually qualify for PIP
zak

There is no way that we can answer this, the only information we have is in regard to your Preparing and Cooking a Meal and to a lesser extent your Taking Nutrition.

Have you tried taking our PIP Test, be harsh on yourself when answering the questions.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-indep...nt-pip/pip-self-test

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 6 days ago #288124 by zak
Replied by zak on topic Do I actually qualify for PIP
Hi Gordon

Yeah, Im asking about the basic qualifying period. Theres nothing in my other answers that addresses how long i will be ill for. That is impossible to know

Ive been depressed for 5 months and cannot say or provide evidence how long this will continue

Is pip not for people that have a long term disability expected to last a year at minimum?

So do I qualify in this respect?

Thanks

More
2 months 6 days ago #288131 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Do I actually qualify for PIP
z

You are looking at this the wrong way around.

Do you have any specific information that your issues will not continue for another nine months, if you don't then you can apply for PIP.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 5 days ago #288146 by zak
Replied by zak on topic Do I actually qualify for PIP
Oh ok, thanks, got it

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.