× Members

Cancer diagnosis

More
2 months 1 week ago #288082 by Souter
Cancer diagnosis was created by Souter
I’m sorry to ask another question. My brother had a heart attack 4 months ago and he has been refused for the mobility badge. Can anyone think why this would be ., kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #288084 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Cancer diagnosis
S

Honestly, this is not intended to be a facetious answer but does he meet the criteria for one?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 5 days ago #288177 by Souter
Replied by Souter on topic Cancer diagnosis
He receives the enhanced rate of pip care component. I just don’t know why he was refused the blue badge.

More
2 months 4 days ago #288197 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Cancer diagnosis
S

The Daily Living component does not convey any automatic or assessed rights to a Blue Badge which is only concerned with the claimant's mobility.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 4 days ago #288199 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Cancer diagnosis
Hi Souter

It is not just enhanced - it depends what he specifically scores for. This is what the government website says:

... you receive a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) because you can’t walk more than 50 metres (a score of 8 points or more under the ‘moving around’ activity of the mobility component)

you receive the mobility component of PIP and have obtained 10 points specifically for descriptor E under the ‘planning and following journeys’ activity, on the grounds that you are unable to undertake any journey because it would cause you overwhelming psychological distress

If you have any score other than 10 points under descriptor E in the ‘planning and following journeys’ activity of PIP, you may still be eligible for a Blue Badge, but you do not automatically qualify. This includes if you have a higher score of 12. You will have to provide evidence to demonstrate your eligibility, which will be assessed as part of your application."

So, I am assuming that unless there was an error, he hasn't been given automatic qualification - and they don't consider he has a long-term issue.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.