× Members

Newspaper articles about benefit awards being reviewed for fraud and Error.

More
2 months 6 days ago #288128 by j112009
I have read today that from April some benefits including PIP, State pension, Universal credit, disability Living allowance and pension credit will be reviewed from April this year to look for Fraud and Error. Is this all claims from these groups or just the DWP annual Audit they do on random claims? It was an article in a local newspaper. I have nothing to hide or untoward but we went through 10 months of hell last year awaiting the result of a normal review of PIP and don't think I can cope with any more stress or problems regarding benefits yet. Does anyone know what this is all about? It was in a Birmingham newspaper. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 6 days ago #288135 by Gordon
j

Whilst the legislation required for the DWP to be able to do this may well be passed before April, my understanding is that it is not the intention of the current Government to start the process of reviewing accounts before 2025 with full roll-out not expected until 2030.

Of course, another Government may decide not to pursue this functionality.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: j112009, sally-jane, KABTT , ivyfox

More
2 months 6 days ago #288138 by sally-jane
it is all very misleading the newspaper and internet feeds and news on this subject, more so if it is not going to be conducted until after 2025 and the full roll out not til quite a few yrs later. Yes the govt can change their timing as often as they change their pants!!. Some of the news feeds are telling us they are going to snoop as from April this year. There was a report they were going to check on all SP and other claimants that reside abroad as from April this year. A tactical move to pick on those abroad, who in a way are saving the UK govt /nhs etc, a lot of money. (they do get the annual upgrade and the fabulous £10 xmas bonus!!, but not the extra winter fuel monies etc etc, if in the EU.)And reducing bed blocking which they blame on us over 66s. A very traumatic time for many with all the news feeds abound.
The following user(s) said Thank You: j112009, KABTT

More
2 months 5 days ago #288158 by Charlie
Yes i keep reading various scaremongering news articles in my newsfeed , it's very hard in these times to not get anxious , there's that many different things being said , i think a lot of these are just clickbait !, i'm just putting my faith in what is reported on here , that is none of this snooping by the dwp is going to start until at least 2025 or later , i hope i'm correct !
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT

More
2 months 5 days ago #288167 by lesley
I agree with you, and of course it is very difficult to not get anxious. I am absolutely terrified of them. (DWP)
There used to be so many different agencies one could just drop into to get claification and reassurance, all gone.
my local C.A.B. the neighbourhood adive centres, the Community law centre. local Age UK drop ins. Now nothing anywhere. So am glad of this website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LL26

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.