× Members

Questions During Assessments

More
2 months 5 days ago #288149 by Bud
Questions During Assessments was created by Bud
I’ve finally had the recording of my assessment, & thought that I’d share a few questions asked that I don’t remember being asked before.

1. Have you ever worked?
2. How long ago has it been since you worked?
3. What was your last job?
4. Would you like to work again?
5. How do you manage housework?

Now I’ve always wondered why they ask you about cooking & bathing … yet never mention housework. I was tempted to say that this was not part of the PIP questionnaire, but I didn’t.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , LL26

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 5 days ago #288151 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Questions During Assessments
Hi Bud

Thanks for posting. I haven't heard the housework question before, but I have heard all the job ones. There are the standard questions that they ask that cover the specific PIP criteria, but they are free to ask additional questions in areas they think are appropriate.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
2 months 5 days ago #288159 by The Dog Mother
Replied by The Dog Mother on topic Questions During Assessments
Years ago at one of my three home assessments for dla (before being forced to apply for pip) a doctor asked who looks after this place for you ,as he pointed around my front room. So it has definitely been asked.
Maybe DLA criteria was different from pip is now. I've never been asked it,so far, on a pip assessment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, KABTT

More
2 months 5 days ago #288168 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Questions During Assessments
I wish someone with legal skills or backing could tackle and succeed in sorting the idiocy of the Daily Living activities. If you cannot wash up, unless you have an unending supply of clean saucepans and plates, and anyway someone to remove the dirty ones to the wheelie bin(!), how can you 'prepare a simple meal?' Never mind if you cannot change your bedlinen and launder it, or wash and dry your clothes how can you dress?
And yet they have the gall to put that snarky cut-and-paste at the end of the PA4, about 'cannot award PIP for any activities not' listed or whatever the word was.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
2 months 5 days ago #288169 by Tracey
Replied by Tracey on topic Questions During Assessments
Hi there, I was asked about housework in my assessments for both pip and esa back in 2022. Didn’t realise it wasn’t a question usually asked.
I was even asked about how I manage getting into and out of the car by the pip assessor and did I text people.
Hope you hear soon and it’s an accurate reflection of what was said/ how you suffer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, denby, KABTT

More
2 months 4 days ago #288186 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic Questions During Assessments
My son recently had a telephone assessment and they asked him about housework. He doesn't do any! He lives in a shared house and there is a cleaner who does the communal areas. My son lives basically in his small room, he washes his bedding probably twice a year at most, takes his rubbish out very infrequently, uses the washing machine maybe once every couple of months, never uses the kitchen. We did try and explain all this, however, he still got 0 points for every element!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.