× Members

ESA 12 month period due to end

More
2 months 4 days ago #288183 by Sally
ESA 12 month period due to end was created by Sally
I was awarded ESA last April, but they put me in the work related group and not the support group which I think was completely wrong, but I never complained as it was so hard to get the normal ESA, it was too daunting a task to even think about complaining. Mu 12 months is nearly up, so please advise how I appeal to be placed in the support group now. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 days ago #288201 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 12 month period due to end
S

You can make a Late request for a Mandatory Reconsideration, you will need to provide an explanation of why you did not / were unable to make the request within the normal one month. The DWP can decide your reasons are insufficient and refuse to carry out the MR.

or

You can report a Change of Circumstances, this will result in a new ESA50 being issued and almost certainly another assessment.

If you are successful with the MR then your Support Group status will be backdated to the beginning of week 14 of your claim and your time outside the SG will be reset to zero.

If you go down the Change route and are put in the SG then it will likely apply from the date of your letter notifying the DWP of the Change. Your time outside the SG will not be reset.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.