× Members

Moving in with my partner & I am on LCWRA/UC and PIP. What benefits will I lose?

More
2 months 4 days ago #288209 by Jillybean
I am thinking of moving in with my parter. I currently receive LCRWA/UC and PIP. I get council tax reductions and water rate discount.

My partner is on a low income and in receipt of working tax credits. But he has savings over £16k.

From what I am reading, I would lose the UC element of my benefits. Is there anything else I need to be aware of? Would this impact his benefit? He is currently getting a single persons council tax element which he will lose.

Thanks in advance. I have tried to research this but am not confident I am clear on it all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 days ago #288218 by Gordon
J

Yes, you would lose your UC, you would be treated as a couple and your joint income, savings and assets will be considered. Savings and assets over £16,000 will terminate your UC claim.

Your Council Tax and Water Rate reductions are means-tested and will likely end as well.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.