× Members

Length of Appeal Waiting Time

More
2 months 18 hours ago #288297 by UC:
Length of Appeal Waiting Time was created by UC:
Good morning everybody,
My son suffered a catastrophic lower back injury when serving with the British Army.

The Army have accepted full responsibility for his injury.

His claim for PIP resulted in him being awarded 10 points for both the Daily Living and Mobility components.

He requested a MR, which resulted in the same decision.

He appealed this and advised DWP of his decision to formally appeal.

All supporting documentation was sent to Tribunal Service.

It is approaching 12 months since he submitted his formal appeal, with DWP advising that they await date of Tribunal and that it is out of their hands.

This is far too long a process and I was wondering if he could chase this up with the Tribunal Service to establish current state of his appeal.

Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 12 hours ago #288315 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Length of Appeal Waiting Time
Hi UC:

I'm sorry that your son finds himself in this position. I'm afraid there is very little that he can do - other than contact the Tribunals Service in your area and ask about the waiting times.

It is common for appeals to take up to a year - and sometimes longer. It depends how much they have on in their area and that is not something the DWP has any say over.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 9 hours ago #288332 by UC:
Replied by UC: on topic Length of Appeal Waiting Time
Thank you BIS!
I genuinely didn’t know that, so appreciate your advice!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.