× Members

Deported from Sweden due to Brexit

More
2 months 21 hours ago #288298 by Relayer
Deported from Sweden due to Brexit was created by Relayer
Hi,
A person lived in Sweden for 16 years and was deported (due to Brexit) after a 2 year appeal process and has been back in UK for 6 months. Has been given Temp Accommodation by local authority and is receiving Universal Credit, but has been told he cant apply for PIP until he has been back for 2 years, is this correct?
Regards
Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 15 hours ago #288317 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Deported from Sweden due to Brexit
Hi Relayer

I can't find anything that says someone must be in the country for two years to apply for PIP but I don't know. If one of the other mods has heard of this, they will comment - otherwise, I'm sorry it is something you will have to continue to query with the DWP. Ask them where you can read about this.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 11 hours ago #288333 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Deported from Sweden due to Brexit
Hi,

If I may......

This Gov.UK site covers this question: Personal Independence Payment (PIP) www.gov.uk/pip/eligibility

Scroll down to the section headed "If you’ve recently returned from living abroad"

Regards,

Andy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.