× Members

Rang DWP

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288477 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Rang DWP
Thanks again BIS.

Do you think I should mention the suspicion of the points being changed in audit? Although I’m not expecting the SAR just yet as it can take up to 30 days to arrive. Or the recording which I have a copy of?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288494 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Rang DWP
Bud

I would not rely on the SAR providing the information you are looking for. SARS have to be responded to in 40 days not the 30 you mention and the DWP are regularly late in responding.

I'm afraid it is irrelevant whether the original award recommended a higher award and whether it was changed during the audit, what was sent to the DWP did not. Mentioning your suspicions will not overturn the Decision, you can only do this by showing you still meet the criteria for an Enhanced award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288614 by Bud
It’s been 3 weeks now & still no official letter, although they said it would take 6-8 weeks.

When I get it should I phone them & report the errors? Could this bring on another assessment if they agreed that it was unfit for purpose?

Or should I ring & let them know that I want an MR, or just send the MR off to them?

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288653 by Gordon
Bud

If you think that you have already submitted enough information for an MR then ring the DWP and make the request and follow up with a letter.

If you need to add more evidence and testimony then write a letter requesting an MR with this included. Allow time for delivery and then phone the DWP to confirm receipt of the letter.

The DWP could request a new assessment but I cannot remember this happening.

If you make a complaint to the Assessment Provider then we have heard of them carrying out a new assessment but I've not seen the DWP use the new report to reconsider their Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288796 by Bud
Thank you Gordon.

I’ve just been on the phone to ask the DWP to reconsider the decision on the PA4. I’m sending further evidence, along with the reasons why I want them to reconsider, plus there are many errors in the report.

Is this the right thing to do as if I send all this info & it doesn’t change their minds, will I still be able to ask for a MR? If not I won’t have anything else to work with if this fails. Unless I could send the same evidence to the MR if need be?

DWP said it could now be another 6 weeks before I get the official letter.
Would there be any chance that they could stop my DL? Or will they just be looking at the reconsideration?

Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288803 by Gordon
B

You have already started the MR process by phoning them so you need to get your additional information to them as soon as possible.

If the MR fails then you still have the option of requesting an appeal.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, Sheila 966

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.