× Members

Delay of PIP review

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288481 by sue2711
Delay of PIP review was created by sue2711
Hello all.
My PIP review was due in Dec 2023, I received my form in July 2023 with only a short amount of time to complete and get back to them, I'm on enhanced daily living and nil mobility, I received a text saying they had received it and would be in touch. I heard nothing else until I received another text saying they were still processing my review then in December 2023 I received another text saying it was still being processed and they would extend my award to to December 2024 but I could get called for an assessment at any time, so I've been on edge since then dreading the postman. Today 29th Feb 2024, I've received a text saying,
"Your PIP review is complete. You should receive your decision letter in 2 weeks. Once you receive your letter, contact us if you have any questions. Do not call before you get the letter as we will not be able to tell you the decision. Please remember to contact us if your circumstances change."
There wasn't a great deal of change other than an operation (complete spinal fusion) has gone wrong and I now have some of the metal work which has come astray, causing a very painful lump in my back, but I still went into detail regarding everything else I'd told them before, wasn't sure if I should do this? I still have the same amount of pain on the left side of my body but also on my right side now.
So my question is, what's the chances of my award staying the same? I can walk with a stick so not debating the nil mobility. I'm worried that my enhanced daily living is going to go down to standard and have to go through the appeal process again, which your guides and advice helped so much last time, thankyou for that. The next 2 weeks are going to be unbearable, waiting, I wish they'd been more forthcoming in the text 🤷‍♀️

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288497 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Delay of PIP review
s

I'm sorry but there are too many factors that could influence the outcome for us to provide any sensible answer but if you followed the guide then you should have a reasonable expectation of success.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.