× Members

Phone call from PIP appeal writer

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288624 by Sheila 966
Replied by Sheila 966 on topic PA4 Received - Blown Away!
"I think a lot of people would agree that, for someone with lifelong problems, it's not just about the money (though, of course, that is helpful), it is also important to have the extent of their difficulties "officially" recognised."

Well said, and well done :)

I'm so pleased for you both, rest now - you have done everything you can at this time, relax x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, MDBond

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288665 by MDBond
Replied by MDBond on topic Phone call from PIP appeal writer
Hi Wendy

No problem, and I'm very glad you got your son's award reinstated! Excellent news! I'm sure you must be very relieved. I wouldn't want anyone to go through what I have, and what I still need to go through with the Tribunal hearing this week, but at least I know the DWP have made a lot of things up - including that I don't take painkillers when my evidence clearly shows the opposite - which surely won't be of help to them.

Once again I'm happy to hear that your assessor listened to you and was prepared to reinstate your son's award :) All the best x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Wendy Woo

• Wendy Woo
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288681 by Wendy Woo
Replied by Wendy Woo on topic Phone call from PIP appeal writer
Thanks again BIS, and I'm definitely going to start keeping a diary, as you advise. I keep one anyway regarding general family matters, but I've been thinking it might be a good idea to keep one specifically about my son. I realised when I was talking to the appeal writer and he asked for specific examples of various problems, that it's not easy to remember off the top of your head! I could only reiterate something I put on the review form, but a fresh example might have been better. If nothing else, a diary would be a great help when completing a new review form because you don't always notice changes which take place incrementally over time. I did take the last review seriously and filled out the form very carefully, with examples, doing my best to follow the guides from B & W. The PA4 report was very detailed and the assessor had noted down everything we told her - she just said she didn't agree with it. There isn't much anyone can do about that - you can't help but feel they've formed an opinion in advance or, maybe, that they're just following orders.

I was afraid to ask for an ongoing award which would, of course, be ideal, but maybe next time I will feel more confident! I've received an e-mail from HMCTS to say the appeal has now lapsed, so I hope to have the revised award confirmed in writing in due course.

Thanks once again to you and all the other moderators who have advised me.

Best wishes,

Wendy Woo
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, BIS, Sheila 966

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.