× Members

Confusion over Esa.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288577 by The Dog Mother
Confusion over Esa. was created by The Dog Mother
Hi all,.I'm in Esa SG, and I have been for years.
Did a wca form,included new evidence etc returned it on 17th Jan,they got it on 19th.Date it was to be returned by was 26th Jan.
13 days later, I got a letter re changes to social security benefits for April 2024, laying out my usual payments plus the new uprate that's due for April. Still stating 'As you are in support group' etc.
My question is,is this merely the information letter to state upcoming new amounts, or is this to say I've passed the wca on paper as I have done four times before. I don't remember ever getting a letter actually stating I'd passed previous times only ever the update letter. Or is the likelihood of having it all done and dusted inside two weeks too much of a fantasy.
I'm watching the post daily, and frankly, I'm so anxious I feel I'll explode.
Any ideas,suggestions or opinions welcome. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288587 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confusion over Esa.
TGM

I'm afraid I think this is the annual Entitlement Letter and does not include the Decision on your latest review except by coincidence.

All I can suggest is that you either wait for a Decision Letter although another member in a similar situation was told that they would not be sent one, or you call the DWP for an update.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , The Dog Mother

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288592 by The Dog Mother
Replied by The Dog Mother on topic Confusion over Esa.
Thank you Gordon,.
As I said on another thread a few weeks ago I've never had a letter stating I was being kept in SG since I started to get esa via paper based assessment only. So 2013,2015,2018,2021 I passed the wca on paper alone and was sent nothing to confirm my SG status.
Previously I had at least five f2f assessments and always got a letter of confirmation.
I guess I shall wait a bit longer and see what turns up on the post.
As for the letter I got dated 31st January I'm very much inclined to agree it's merely the new rate for April letter we generally get each year.
Thanks again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.