× Members

CB ESA Support Group migration to UC?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288712 by Phoebe
Hi, Can anyone definitively tell me if people on CB ESA in the Support Group are going to be moved onto UC?

As far as I was aware, people on CB ESA in the Support Group were never planned to be moved onto UC, but I’ve been told elsewhere that I’m wrong.

I can’t find a concrete answer anywhere.

Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288733 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic CB ESA Support Group migration to UC?
P

No, legacy ESA(CB) is not being migrated to UC, at some time they may move your claim to New Style ESA but the rules are the same, it is just the underlying legislation that is different. I doubt this will happen until 2030 at the earliest.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phoebe, VIA

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288753 by VIA
Replied by VIA on topic CB ESA Support Group migration to UC?
Hello,
Is it my understanding though then from what I read above that:
- If one is on Child Benefit + ESA Support Group ONLY, they are not migrated to UC till 2030 at the earliest.

And from reading this forum in general however that:
- If one gets Child Benefit + ESA Support Group + Housing Benefit + Council Tax Benefit then this person will be migrated to Universal Credit ( UC ) starting April 2024 till around March or April 2025?

Many thanks.
Best wishes

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288756 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic CB ESA Support Group migration to UC?
VIA

You are referring to Income Related ESA, not the Contribution Based ESA that the OP is receiving so your information is not relevant to them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288760 by VIA
Replied by VIA on topic CB ESA Support Group migration to UC?
Thank you very much.
I understand now.
I thought CB ESA meant Child Benefit & ESA, when I realise now it meant Contribution based ESA.
Best wishes

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.