× Members

PIP criteria: Reading - advice needed

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288714 by CrafyCrow
PIP criteria: Reading - advice needed was created by CrafyCrow
Hi there, hope you are all doing ok.

So I have just helped my daughter get advanced PIP on both daily living and mobility which in turn, made me look at myself.
I am being referred for ADHD, had it all my life but only recently decided to get it checked out. I also have anxiety from having a narcissist as a mother as well and this has left me with the incapability of judging myself and my needs worthy of help and support.

So here I am thinking about the reading section and about to say no when it comes to having any issues. However my daughter has pointed out that yes I can read well but it takes me ages to take in the information. I have to re-read letters and books several times because I get distracted and do not take in what I am reading. I'm still reading and get to the end of the letter but have no clue what the letter has said because my brain is in bloomin' lala land after the first sentence. I often have to read a letter or even a set of instructions 5+ times before it sinks in.

So this maybe a silly question, however is this a reason to say that I do have problems with reading?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288720 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP criteria: Reading - advice needed
Hi CrafyCrow

You will need to emphasise that you have been referred for a diagnosis of ADHD, and the issues with reading have been prevalent all your life. Read pages 64-68 of the Guide to PIP Claims and Reviews, and you will see how the difficulties you have spoken about could be reflected in that question.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CrafyCrow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.