× Members

PIP Telephone Assessment

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288749 by Emm
PIP Telephone Assessment was created by Emm
Hi all, I have a PIP Telephone Assessment coming up on Monday and I'm terrified! Would I be right in assuming that all they want to do it to get as many people off benefits as they can, as I've heard and read so many awful stories! Anyway, I have a lot going on which I won't go. I have a mobility car, which I have had for a few years. My condition hasn't improved in any way whatsoever, but as they are taking away the mobility component, how will this now affect my PIP review. (Is it different for new claimants or is it being taken away fully?) I'm also wondering if I can record this assessment, and if so, how? I only have a normal android mobile phone that doesn't have any recording facilities built in (I have checked this). And lastly, how long after the assessment should I receive a decision? I wish there was someone who could say "everything will be fine", but I know there isn't, but any help and advice would be of great help. Thank you. 👍

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288765 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Telephone Assessment
Hi Emm

Yes, the government wants to reduce the number of people receiving benefits - governments always do.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say the mobility component is being done away with. Perhaps I've missed something - but it's still in place now.

You could ask the assessor to record it, though they would like a prior warning. If you have a computer or laptop, you could record on that.

I can't tell you how quickly you will get a decision, but it will probably be somewhere between 6 - 12 weeks after the assessment has taken place.

I hope it goes well for you on Monday. If you haven't already, have a look at the Guide to PiP Claims and Reviews and read up on telephone assessments, from page 108 onwards.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C, Emm

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288779 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Telephone Assessment
E

I think you are referring to the ESA/UC Mobility activity which the current Government is considering devaluing, not the PIP Mobility component which is used for Motability.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emm

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.