× Members

PIP APPEAL DISCONTINUED

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #288841 by Harday
PIP APPEAL DISCONTINUED was created by Harday
Please I need help!

Someone with experience to guide me on what to do. I had my appeal granted from 2022 till August this year via Tribunal. PIP requested me to do another assessment late last year which was hard for me, I did the assessment twice as I broke down after 50 minutes of questioning on the first attempt. After 2nd assessment, my payment was reduced and I ended up having to appeal as they made no changes even though I requested for reconsideration.

DWP didn't reply to the appeal and I got a letter from the Tribunal saying the appeal hearing would go ahead if no reply from DWP in 7 days. Lo and behold, DWP granted both awards on an enhanced rate even though I didn't get an enhanced mobility rate before.

My problem is that the award is for 18 months. I am dreading having to go through the assessment period again within a year, and also because my disability is not just going to disappear after a year. Is this still worth appealing as it says in my letter from PIP " I have changed the original decision, your award will change and your appeal will not continue.
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Gary. Reason: spelling error

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288854 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP APPEAL DISCONTINUED
Hi Harday

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Only you can answer the question, to appeal or not to appeal.

We have heard from members who have appealed the decision, in the appeal they have accepted the offer of the PIP award but asked for a increase in the length of the award. Some have been successful others have stayed the same.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.