× Members

ESA while still employed

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288862 by Dotty
ESA while still employed was created by Dotty
Hi my SSP from my employer has now stopped and I have recently claimed new style ESA. I am due to receive treatment which I’ve been waiting for 6 months soon which I’m hoping will mean I can return to my job in about 6 weeks with reasonable adjustments ..

I am still technically employed so will I still be placed in a group to look for work or work related activities and will I be entitled to any ESA. I’ve been asked to attend a claimant commitment interview so am guessing this will be some kind of agreement to complete activities to get back into work?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288864 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA while still employed
Hi Dotty

It is impossible for us to give you an accurate answer as we do not have all the facts.

When your SSP stops then you can claim NS ESA, depending on your circumstances you may also be able to claim UC. There are lots of if's and buts and we would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; url=https://advicelocal.uk] advicelocal.uk [/url] , they will be able to take all the if's and buts into consideration to give you an accurate answer.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dotty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.