× Members

BENEFITS AND RISHI SUNAK IN THE NEWS

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288899 by axab43
BENEFITS AND RISHI SUNAK IN THE NEWS was created by axab43
Can anyone discuss what is being talked about in the news and whether this is anything new that we need to worry about? Rishi Sunak keeps making these statements, targetting people on benefits. What does it mean? Is it any different than has been discussed already? When people have severe mental health issues, this kind of thing does not help at all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288923 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic BENEFITS AND RISHI SUNAK IN THE NEWS
Hi axab43

If you do not already receive B&W's newsletter, then you should sigh up, it's free, usually comes out once a fortnight and will tell you exactly what is going on with benefits. www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news

Unfortunately quite often the newspaper headlines are used to scare the most vulnerable in society.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Wendy Woo

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288932 by axab43
Replied by axab43 on topic BENEFITS AND RISHI SUNAK IN THE NEWS
Thank you for replying. So I take it from your reply Rishi Sunak is talking about what they have already discussed on welfare reform months ago? I do get the Newsletter and always look there first but being qs there is nothing new there and this was all over the news today, I thought it might be something you haven't covered yet. As you said, the newspapers like to target the most vulnerable who will worry the most! (Sorry if that is unclear, depression/anxiety messes our minds up as it is without all this!0
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288947 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic BENEFITS AND RISHI SUNAK IN THE NEWS
Hi axab43

Yes, he was talking about what has already been discussed. I know it's difficult but I would try and avoid the news when it comes to welfare reforms. B&W keeps up to date on what is happening and will report any new developments in the newsletter. They will report what is known as facts and will not sensationalise anything.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Prudent, axab43, Wendy Woo

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288969 by den1mon
Replied by den1mon on topic BENEFITS AND RISHI SUNAK IN THE NEWS
It looks like Rishi Sunak and the Tories will soon be obliterated in the upcoming general election anyway, but people seem to be pinning their hopes of a Labour government being any better, especially when it comes to supporting disabled and poor people.
Be very careful what you may wish for if voting Liebour ... you may well end up being bitterly dissapointed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288987 by axab43
Replied by axab43 on topic BENEFITS AND RISHI SUNAK IN THE NEWS
Thank you! I don't know what I would do without this website now as I have severe depression and anxiety and things are difficult enough as it is. It is well worth the money to be part of this site!
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.