× Members

Mixed age couple pension age payments

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288906 by Grahammylo
Mixed age couple pension age payments was created by Grahammylo
Hi I reach pension age on 29th march I have applied for this as requested.my u/c joint account with my wife will end then and she will have to claim as single u/c.our u/c payments arrive on the8th of every month assed from 2nd .I receive LCWRA and my wife gets carerselement of u/c.my pension are paying me £87 from 29th to 2nd of April then nothing till the the 30th of April then monthly thereafter £520.do I get any payment in April or do we have to rely on my wifes u/c £368-carers element £185 and my LCWRA £390 mines my pension £520 monthly I’m at my wits end trying to find out what payments /reduction are going to change.getting no reply off my u/c journal any help would be much appreciated
Thank you graham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288922 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Mixed age couple pension age payments
Hi Grahammylo

Your question is outside the remit of the forum but I will try and answer as best I can from the details in your post.

Your joint claim does not end but your state pension will be taken into account £ for £. I do not believe there will be any difference in your income, what should happen is that your wife will get a UC allowance based on what you already receive less your state pension and any other pension you may receive.

I would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk they will be able to take all your circumstances into account to give you an accurate picture.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grahammylo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.