× Members

PIP and driving Please Help

More
1 month 1 week ago #288996 by Holly
PIP and driving Please Help was created by Holly
Hi everyone,

I don't think the last post I wrote worked so here goes again.

I have a PIP review telephone assessment for change in circumstances next week.

My conditions have worsened and brought with them depression and social panic disorders.

I am terrified that PIP will take my license away from me.

I need some advise because hospital have advised that I can drive but not when certain conditions are flared. I adhere to this advise strongly as I want to be safe and keep those around me safe. Currently I have not driven for 4-5 months and prior to that I would only do short journeys with somebody with me in case I needed assistance (CFS and pain from various medical conditions). I also have an eye condition which when flared affects my vision but when not flared does not impact driving.

How can I communicate to PIP that I know when I can drive and when I cant without either them marking me down in other categories or taking my license away from me.

My situation is I currently struggle to leave the house.

I am worried sick.

Please help :-(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289005 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP and driving Please Help
Hi Holly

It can take time for us to approve a post. I have replied to it here benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-esa-...ing-me-insane#289004

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 1 week ago #289043 by Holly
Replied by Holly on topic PIP and driving Please Help
Thanks BIS! I didn't realise that they had to be approved :-)

Thanks for your help!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.