× Members

UC and council tax reduction

More
1 month 1 week ago #289006 by Annie333
UC and council tax reduction was created by Annie333
Hi , firstly to encourage everyone who needs to go to appeal to get an award.
I was given 0 points by the DWP for PIP and at the tribunal the panel members awarded me both standard mobility and ADL based on -as they described it- "overwhelming medical evidence " I did not have to go through the tribunal itself and they told me this at the beginning. They actually thanked me for explaining my condition in detail! You are likely to be successful.

Re my question above. If you have total savings about 6000 and below 1600 can you claim council tax credit ?

Many thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289020 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC and council tax reduction
Hi Annie333

I do not know the Scottish system but I would say yes, if the system is the same as the English system. You will get hit with tariff income, for every bundle or part bundle of £250 you loose £1 in tariff income for claimants of working age, for claimants over state pension age it is for every bundle or part bundle over £500.

Check with your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annie333

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.