× Members

DWP telephone call versus consultation - advance notice of questions

More
1 month 1 week ago #289046 by Pritti
Hi I applied for Pip. Got first DWP phone call yesterday asked if it was convenient to speak I said no arranged to speak this morning. I thought it would be a phone call to arrange an appointment. It wasn't it was a phone call to run through my PIP application instead of having a consultation. I said fine but I would like to have someone with me so the nurse said, if i would rather have a consultation that was fine and could be booked. I said what's the difference she said the brief (30mins!) discussion on the phone with her to help her decide on some descriptors is to avoid a consultation. I said I'm happy to do that but I would like someone with me. I am now doing the phone call tomorrow with my sister. The nurse gave me quite detailed information on about 10 points that she wants to discuss with me. For example washing and dressing affect on upper body what's the pain like how long to complete do I rest after. Even though this is all on the phone.
Questions:
1 is this phone call opposed to a consultation normal?
2 is it normal to be given advance warning regarding the questions I'll be asked or is that a trick?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289060 by BIS
Hi Pritti

1) Sometimes, if they do a paper-based assessment, they will phone a claimant to clarify certain information. This is a common procedure for a paper-based assessment - but they don't do a call with everyone.

2) Whether you get advanced warning of the topic is up to the person making the call. No it's not a trick. If you had spoken to them immediately, you wouldn't have known what they were going to ask.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.