× Members

Mandatory reconsideration failed

More
1 month 1 week ago #289057 by Adwozere
Mandatory reconsideration failed was created by Adwozere
Unfortunately my mandatory reconsideration was turned down by DWP. A few subjects I feel I should had got more points on. 1- Managing your treatments. 2020 awarded 1 point this time 0. I take around 25 tablets a day along with others on certain days and others when needed, all these tablets give me brain fog and I find it hard to concentrate on anything, my wife also orders all these and collects along with sorting any doctors or hospital appointments, I use weekly/daily tablet holders and have 3 alarms set on my phone to remind me to them and my wife is always checking I have taken them plus others in the week. 2 - Managing your toilet needs. 2020 awarded 6 points this time 2 points. I suffer from bowl incontinence and have to wear a pad daily and use a few Aids on the toilet , I can change these pads but not always due to my mobility and often need help to clean myself up, they did award me 2 points again to help with washing my lower body while in the shower but no extra points to help my clean myself here. Awarded 10 points for mobility, 11 points for daily living. Do you think it's worth trying again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289062 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mandatory reconsideration failed
Hi Adwozere

You are entitled to a phone call explaining why your MR was turned down. If you haven't had that call - you should contact them and ask for it. (It should come from a caseworker - not just the call handler on the phone).

You would expect to get 1 point for using a dosette box for your medication.

I don't know why they dropped your points from 6 to 2 - unless you implied that, for the majority of the time, you can manage your toilet needs yourself. Check what you said here and see what you said for "often need help...."
" Read page 42-47 of the guide to PIP claims and Reviews to check that you have said everything you could do on this matter.

You can't be awarded extra points for cleaning yourself up under the washing and bathing question - such a criteria doesn't exist See page 48

I can't tell you whether you should go for an appeal - that's only a decision you can make - but you do want to understand why your MR was turned down.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.