× Members

Universal credit and sdp

More
1 month 1 week ago #289096 by Rob
Universal credit and sdp was created by Rob
Hi i need help. I think i have messed up big time.

So i have claimed universal credit this week.

We was getting income support pip x2 and 1 carer allowance payment. And dla for our child.

The carer allowance payment is in my wife name to care for me. But this is now going though to be cancelled and she is claiming it for our daughter.

On our universal credit claim she is the carer for our daughter and i have put down i care for my wife. So we would both get the carer element.

I have today been informed that this means we wont get sdp protection. If i stop the carer element part for me for my wife, would we be able to get back the sdp payment. We haven’t had our first payment yet. We only claimed this week.
Thank you and i hope i made sense.
I honestly though we may of been better off I can’t believe i was stupid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289116 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Universal credit and sdp
Hi Rob

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Once you put in a claim for UC, all legacy benefits will cease, you therefore will not be able to get back the SDP component.

We would advise you to contact your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 1 week ago #289160 by AshleyMcab
Replied by AshleyMcab on topic Universal credit and sdp
Severe Disability Premium and Universal Credit
The Severe Disability Premium does not exist in Universal Credit.

If you were entitled to a Severe Disability Premium on Income Support, income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), or income-related Jobseeker's Allowance at the time you claimed Universal Credit, you are entitled to transitional protection.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.