× Members

Questions re PIP telephone assessment

More
1 month 1 week ago #289093 by Holly
Hi Gary,

Would you be able to use the recording as evidence at a MR if you don't tell them you are recording?

I am a little confused as to what to do now as I have also been told they are more likely to score you correctly if they know that you are recording the assessment, I have read horror stories of peoples recordings not materialising due to a "fault" with the call recording.

I think this whole process is designed to confuse people!! (I don't need Capitas help with that as I am confused enough already!!).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289109 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Questions re PIP telephone assessment
Hi Holly

I moved your post. We ask members not to ask questions in another member's post, as it can get confusing if we try to respond to two or more people within one thread. Someone might get the wrong answer, or their post gets missed out.

People often use the information from their recordings to contradict what appears in their report at the MR stage, but they don't necessarily say they have the recording. The DWP won't officially take any note of the recording at that stage as they didn't make it. If someone wants to use their recording at the appeal stage, they would have to provide a copy of the recording and an accurate transcript of the entire recording..

There have been problems with some recordings, and that is why we advise people to make their own recordings.

I would try to stop reading horror stories. You are so close to your assessment, and there is nothing to be gained from it. All you will do is add to your worries about the assessment. You are well prepared, and there is nothing more that you can do at this stage apart from doing your best on the day. I hope that you have a reasonable assessor.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Holly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.