× Members

Letter received to say passed the Work Capability Assessment- esa

More
1 month 1 week ago #289089 by Arthritic Annie
Hi,

Hope you can help, I requested a copy of the outcome letter for my ESA as I had not received it. I also requested a copy of the assessment report. The girl I spoke to said she would send the letter but she'd have to request a copy of the report. I received the letter almost a month ago buy still not assessors report.

My questions;

I guess at this stage they aren't sending the report? Should I request it again or could ringing again go against me?

The letter I received just stated the group and payments etc. It didn't state anything about the length of the award or when it's lightly to be reviewed again. Is this normal? And is it possible to find out this information?

Lastly- this is not related to benefits but it is to work- I'm currently of sick ( hence the esa) and my employer sent me to an occupational health dr. Obviously I had to consent to this and I was able to view the report before my employer received their copy. I now want to withdraw my consent for this report to be used. Do you know if this is possible? ( I've already sent the request but I expect they'll come back and tell me I cant- regardless of whether i have the right to do so🤔)

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289115 by Gary
Hi Arthritic Annie

I've moved your post to its own topic, we ask members not to post their questions in other member's topics as it can lead to the wrong advice being given or taken.

With ESA you normally cannot get a copy of the assessors report (UC85) until a decision has been made.

The award letter usually does not state when it will be reviewed again, this information is usually contained within the assessors report.

ESA is an indefinite award with scheduled reassessment based on the Prognosis Date completed by the assessor in their report, so your existing ESA award continues in payment until a new Decision is made.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 1 week ago #289118 by Arthritic Annie
Hi Gary,

Thanks for the reply, I had posted under my original question/ thread as a continuation. But possibly I confused things by adding esa to the end of the topic.

Anyway surprisingly over a month later my assessors report was in todays post. I had thought it wasn't going to arrive without ringing again.

Thank you for your help.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.