× Members

PIP Appeal help

More
1 month 6 days ago #289301 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Appeal help
Hi JK

Yes, you can include your formal diagnosis and the fact that you mentioned it at your assessment. You should say that you don't think the assessor has taken this into account, even though you mentioned the symptoms that were impacting your day-to-day activities in relation to the PIP criteria.

Yes, you can link it back to the evidence on the government website.

Ask as many questions as you need to.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 days ago #289437 by JK
Replied by JK on topic PIP Appeal help
For the criticism of the medical report, do I go into detail of every mistake or error the HP made or pick a few and mention this report is not reliable?

More
1 month 1 day ago #289457 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Appeal help
Hi JK

I can't tell you what to do here - because it has to be a personal choice. I would say, however, that your focus should be on the things that make a difference to the points that have been awarded. So, for instance, if the report is full of grammatical or spelling errors - that's not good, and you might mention it in a final paragraph - but it won't make a difference to the scoring - which is what you are fighting.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.