× Members

I think I misunderstood what I was being asked...and answered incorrectly

More
1 month 1 week ago #289224 by Holly
Hi Everyone,

I had my PIP re-assessment yesterday and I think I misunderstood what the assessor was asking me.

I have been on disease modifying drugs since diagnosed with RA but in December I was moved on to Biosimilar medication. I had been saying to the assessor that I had been put on this new treatment (in addition to my previous treatment) and he asked how long have I been on Disease modifying drugs. I assumed that he was talking about the new meds so I said since December, but I have actually been on them since 2007.

I don't really know what I should do.

This was a change in circumstances re-assessment so I have told them previously about my medication.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289230 by Chris
Hi Holly,

You could ring the PIP enquiry line and say that you want to correct your evidence based on the assumption that you misunderstood. I can't see any reason why they wouldn't type it up on the computer with additional notes (although I don't believe it's down to them to advise on certain information, you could always ask). Failing that, you could just add it at a later stage during an MR or tribunal hearing, should it go that far. A lot of PIP questions are primarily concerned with "how things affect you on a daily basis".

Hope this helps.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C, Holly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.