× Members

PIP Backpayment

More
1 month 4 days ago #289388 by C
PIP Backpayment was created by C
Might be a silly question, but I can't quite work things out/have seen conflicting information about this:

Say someone was awarded standard mobility and standard daily living at their initial award, and then when reviewed several years later they were awarded enhanced mobility and enhanced daily living. Would they receive a backpayment for the increased award amount, and what date would that backpayment be to - the date the review was initiated by the DWP, the date the form was received by them, or another date?

Thank you, and sorry if I've worded this poorly - I'm not very coherent at the best of times!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 days ago #289398 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Backpayment
Hi C

There is no back payment in the case you describe. The new award starts from the date on the decision letter.

Payments are backdated if someone puts in for a change of circumstances and they are given a new award. That is backdated to the time of which they informed the DWP of the change in their condition.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 4 days ago #289400 by C
Replied by C on topic PIP Backpayment
Thank you kindly! and boo hiss for that being the case.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.