× Members

ESA

More
1 month 4 days ago #289412 by Lynz
ESA was created by Lynz
I'm wondering what will happen to my ESA when my husband gets his pension he's 66 in July I'm not 6 for another 4 years I was told I'd have to reapply but to universal Credit is this correct and also what happens to all the additions we get on ESA for support group and severe disablement i hpe you can help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago #289486 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA
Hi Lynz

We cannot give you an accurate answer as we donot have all the facts. We would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

From what you have posted, I have assumed your are in receipt of IR ESA, what we do not know if is it a joint claim? What usually happens is the ESA claim will stop when your pension reaches state pension age, you eed to apply to UC before ESA stops, you should then be eligible to claim the LCWRA without having to go through the assessment phase, but seek advice before you do anything.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.