× Members

Question about surgery and recovery on universal credit.

More
1 month 2 days ago #289435 by Agis
I have a question. If soneone is on universal credit and not in a support group but do want to have a bariatric surgery abroad due to the obesity. How would that look like? Since there is suppose to be recovery period post surgery of arounfmd a month. Will the universal credit payments have to stop?

The private surgery abrod sitnce the NHS discriminated and refused surgery on the grounds of poor mental health.

I am asking only because there would have to be a period of revovery after that of around a month. Wpuld be grateful for an answer. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago #289481 by Gary
Hi Agis

If you go abroad, you can continue to get Universal Credit for one month.
You must:

* be eligible for Universal Credit when you’re going abroad
* remain eligible for it while you’re abroad
* tell your work coach that you’re going

I have also found the following Gov.UK link: www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad/universal-credit, which confirms the above information.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.