× Members

Severe disability premium entitlement

More
1 month 2 days ago #289436 by Tracy7
Hi, id like some advice regarding my severe disability premium that's included in my ir esa award. My 16yr old daughter isn't coping at school due to her mental health and i doubt she'll be well enough to start college in Sept. I understand her child benefit and tax credits will stop on 31st August if she doesn't go to college. Annoyingly im also being manage migrated to universal credit around this time. Please can anyone advise if i will lose my entitlement to the severe disability premium if my 16yr old leaves education. She won't be claiming benefits or working. Thankyou in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago #289483 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Severe disability premium entitlement
Hi Tracy7

As your daughter is under 18 then the answer to your question is no.

Has your daughter applied for DLA/PIP in her own name, you may want to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.