× Members

Pip reviews

More
1 month 1 day ago #289447 by Foofoo
Pip reviews was created by Foofoo
Hi the dreaded review has come . Only received it on the 14th march got to get it back by 3 april. Wish it a bit unfair as we ve got the bank holidays coming up . The trouble I’m having is I don’t have any recent evidence. My condition cauda equina syndrome which is has worsened I was sent to an and e by a physio in dec had mri done which showed new issues bulging disc and degenerative dis disease on 3 levels . I’ve been referred to the neuro teams and am still waiting for an appointment. I now have trouble with the preparing of vegetables cooking meals which my carer also my partner now does due to not being able to stand or sit on a perching stool due to pain and numbness in legs . I also now have arthritis in my upper body caused by bechets syndrome which cause pain and stiffness in hands wrists and shoulders etc . But again at the mercy of waiting times to see the bechets team in Birmingham . The only evidence I have right now is an increase in medication prescription . Do any you think this will be enough for now . Sorry for the long winded post . My brain is frazzled . Any advice would be helpful .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago #289461 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip reviews
Hi Foofoo

You can ring and ask for an extension if you need it. It will be granted and you will get an extra two weeks. If you still need another two weeks, you can request it, and a number of members have been told they have been granted a second extension - but don't assume they will give it unless you make the request in plenty of time.

You can't make up evidence that you don't have. Refer to previous evidence, describe how your condition has deteriorated and tell them that you are on a waiting list. Tell them about the increase in medication. Is it enough? Getting an award for PIP is not an exact science and all you can do is explain the changes you have experienced and the impact they have on the specific PIP criteria.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Foofoo

More
1 month 1 day ago #289463 by traceytracey
Replied by traceytracey on topic Pip reviews
Hi Foofoo,

You could always go to your GP and ask for a summary report, which should have all the things on that you have been diagnosed with and current medication . Reception staff should be able to help.

Good luck

More
1 month 1 day ago #289480 by Foofoo
Replied by Foofoo on topic Pip reviews
Thank you very much I will do that .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.