× Members

Call with DWP cut off

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289546 by pipsqueak
Call with DWP cut off was created by pipsqueak
HI
I got a call out of the blue from DWP this morning about my PIP claim (review of) which I submitted last May... I was spooked by the call and got upset. The person on the phone was kind but we got cut off. She tried to call back but I could not answer as my phone was still showing the other call as ongoing. Now it's been nearly 2 hours and they have not called back and I'm way too scared to call them. What are they going to think? What should I do? I'm quite distressed by this....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289548 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Call with DWP cut off
Hi Pipsqueak

I'm sorry you're in this position. I can't guess what they think, but the fact is some calls do get cut off. I assume they will try again, or you will receive a letter. If you can't phone yourself - do you have anyone else who could make the call on your behalf? If you do you would need to be present so you can give your permission for someone else to speak for you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289563 by pipsqueak
Replied by pipsqueak on topic Call with DWP cut off
Thank you. A friend made the call as she was concerned for me. The interesting thing was the message she got: "we called you earlier but you were unavailable, you do not need to call us back. If we need to speak to you we will call again".
So it looks like the number is attributed to your name?
Now I'm going to be waiting and waiting for that call to happen again... or not...

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289572 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Call with DWP cut off
Hi Pipsqueak

I'm glad your friend phoned. There's nothing more you can do now. I know it's easy for me to say - but try to put it to the back of your mind.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.