× Members

Awaiting pip review

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289552 by Alexandrina
Awaiting pip review was created by Alexandrina
Hi there can I have some advice please..
Pip sent me Review forms last December which I filled in & sent off. My 3 yr Pip award runs out April '24.
I had a txt 3 wks ago saying they were dealing with my claim, not to ring etc.
Am I supposed to be re applying now for a New Pip award or do they just extend or ? I'm a bag of nerves. What would you advise? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289555 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Awaiting pip review
Hi Alexandrina,

The forms you fill in are to be treat as if it's a new claim. There is long waiting times unfortunately, area dependant.
I know when this happened to me, my PIP was extended for another year, but that was back in 2022, so I'm not sure if this still applies.
Maybe's one of the other claimants or Mods who have dealt with this more recently can advise.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #289738 by River
Replied by River on topic Awaiting pip review
Yes in my experience too the waiting time is very long. My PIP ran out in 2023, I applied to renew it in April 2023 and I didn't have my assessment until two weeks ago, so nearly a year after I sent in the review forms. I'm waiting for their decision now. They do keep paying you PIP until they've dealt with your claim.

I quite understand being a 'bag of nerves', it's nerve-wracking and exhausting and it's very hard to stop worrying about it. (And my condition doesn't even involve anxiety, I can only imagine how bad it must be for people who already suffer in that way.) Best of luck and as well as all the fantastic resources on this website, it shows you are very much not alone.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.