× Members

PIP Claim Form/confidential information

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289560 by Dellilah
PIP Claim Form/confidential information was created by Dellilah
Hi,

I was just reading the advice for HPs on assessing PIP claims and saw something that has given me pause. It says that any written information marked as confidential by either the claimant or a third party can’t be used as evidence in a PIP claim as it can’t be shared.

“Confidential information
1.4.13 Any written information that is marked by a claimant or a third party as ‘confidential’ or ‘in confidence’ cannot be used in a claim for PIP as it cannot be further disclosed to a DWP CM.”

All of my evidence is pretty much summary letters from my therapists and consultant psychologists and it all says Private and Confidential for addressee only.
Can I put in writing, along with my PIP form and these supporting letters, that I give permission for them to be shared with the relevant third parties?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289593 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Claim Form/confidential information
Hi Dellilah

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

You raise a very good question, I have never had any issues in sending in supporting documents with Confidential information on them, they have never been rejected, not that I am aware of.

Let see what forum members have to say on the subject, has anyone had any problems sending in supporting documents with "confidential information" on the documents?

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dellilah, C

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289604 by C
Several pieces of my evidence also say they're confidential, and I've not had a problem - one piece was specifically referenced in my report, so it was definitely considered as part of my claim. I can't forsee it being a problem for you to be honest, but it's good to be cautious - a letter saying you give consent for them to consider it won't cause any harm as far as I can see. (Usual disclaimer about not being an expert/take what I say with a pinch of salt/not trained in allthis stuff)
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Dellilah

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #289618 by Dellilah
Replied by Dellilah on topic PIP Claim Form/confidential information
Thank you both. That’s set my mind at ease. It’s a curious thing for them to write in the guidance, though. I got that quote directly off the government website, here:

www.gov.uk/government/publications/perso...e-assessment-process
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #289626 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Claim Form/confidential information
Hi Dellilah

I've never come across a problem with the documentation, either. Let's face it - most letters from hospitals are marked Private and Confidential.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dellilah, C

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #289641 by Sheila 966
Replied by Sheila 966 on topic PIP Claim Form/confidential information
Interesting............. some of my daughters evidence from work was also noted Private and "Not to be shared" - BUT this was waived for PIP evidence purposes by a covering letter from me, as appointee, explaining that my daughter was asked by the workplace Occupational Therapist if she was "happy to share the findings in the report" My daughter thought that the therapist meant to share it with everyone else at work, so said No - shows the skill set of the OT, that they did not bother to clarify what 'share' meant! - So 'interesting' because the report was not listed as 'evidence the Assessor used'
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dellilah

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.