× Members

(ADP review) - Would this be no change in needs or change of circumstance?

More
1 month 1 week ago #289675 by GreyBees
I've just been switched over from PIP (enhanced both parts) and due my ADP review in a couple of months. I got my PIP for mental health reasons as well some physical problems, mainly vertigo and drop attacks. I was last reviewed by PIP in 2021 (award stayed enhanced) and in March 2022, I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and joint hyper mobility. I've been on methotrexate since and have just had my first assessment for biologics as well as waiting for physiotherapy.

I didn't report this to PIP as I was already scoring enhanced on both so it wouldn't have changed my award. Now that my ADP review is coming up, I'm unsure what to do as my original conditions that I claimed for are still there and haven't changed and even though I have been diagnosed with PsA, my needs haven't changed as I was already using aids I would be using for arthritis for things like my vertigo such as a walking stick, bath chair, railings, walked with an altered gait and slowly etc and I already got points for those - 4 points for moving around, I got points for using aids to get in and out of the bath, I got a point for managing therapies etc. The only thing I didn't score on was taking nutrition and now I use adapted cutlery.

On the one hand, it seems obvious I need to report this as a change in circumstances since its a new condition but then I am unsure if it would count as that because I was already having those difficulties with those descriptors and scoring for them so do I just put no change and explain in detail why my old conditions and then the new one affect those descriptors? I would understand if I were in a wheelchair now rather than using a walking stick, that would definitely be a change of circumstances. I hope this makes sense. I'm worried sick over it all. I've heard of people losing their ADP or PIP for reporting something new and I am terrified of rocking the boat. I'm probably over-complicating it all, too!

For evidence I have -
*GP records from my last PIP review until May 2024 (I'll ask for them this month so I have them in time)
*CPN letter from two years ago
*NHS and private psychologists reports from 2 years ago
*Rheumatology letters from consultant and nurse
*Podiatry letters and X rays (PsA started in my feet but now it's pretty much all over)
*ENT and neurology assessments about drop attacks
*Letter from DVLA confirming I had to surrender my licence due to health
*Husband has written a carers report and has diaries and goes through each descriptor with examples and references the evidence we've sent in and past evidence that hopefully DWP sent over

Any advice you could give would be most appreciated. I always worry over reviews but I'm worrying more about ADP as it's new and I don't know how it's going to go

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289713 by Gordon
GB

From your previous post you will be reassessed for ADP in June, reporting a Change now will not change this, just report your limitations as they are now on the form you will be sent as part of the ADP assessment process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.