× Members

Contacting Health Advisory Assessment Service for an update on ESA50

More
3 weeks 6 hours ago #289890 by robreay
Hello.

I'm looking for some advice. In early December 2023 I received an ESA50 which i returned before Christmas. I checked with the above and it was received just before the New Year.

I notice from my GP Health Record on the NHS app that my GP completed an ESA113 on 14 March 2024. Since then I've heard nothing from HAAS / CHDAUK.

Last week I was admitted to hospital having suffered a heart attack. I've had heart problems for years and this isn't my first. I included details of my heart problems and the effect these have on me on my ESA50 along with including copies of hospital discharge summary letters after previous heart attacks dated since my last WCA in 2019 (one letter is from 2021, the other 2023). I was discharged from hospital on Saturday.

I have spent the past four months panicking about my ESA being reviewed and I still am. If I was to contact CHDAUK for an update on what is happening, would this trigger an appointment letter? I'm not very well to start with and the worry about this happening is adding to the stress. I have the Discharge Summary letter I was given when I was discharged from the hospital on Saturday.

I've only once contacted CHDAUK for an update, which was back in 2019, and an appointment letter arrived the following week! It may have been a coincidence but I don't want to tempt fate.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give on what I should, if anything, do next.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #289907 by Gary
Hi Robbie

You ask if contacting CHDAUK would creat an appointment, I have absolutely no idea, it is always worth contacting to give an update, they may even be able to do a paper assessment, depending on what evidence you supplied with your claim.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: robreay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.