× Members

Fit note question

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #290126 by Anneb
Fit note question was created by Anneb
Hi - I'm Appointee for my adult son. He's currently on ESA in the Support group with severe disability premium. I'm looking at the migration to UC advice, not that this is happening right now but I do like to prepare. I note that it says to provide a Fit Note if the claimant has a disability. The last 'sick note' my son got from GP was back 19 years ago when he was sixteen which said his disability was for life. Son was on Incapacity Benefit. Does the DWP really want that !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #290145 by latetrain
Replied by latetrain on topic Fit note question
Hi Anneb

Thank you for your question, we get asked this quite often. As your son is in the support group, when it comes to migration he should automatically be placed in the LCWRA group, without needing a fit note.

Some work coaches insist of a 'fit note', but they are incorrect, you do not need one, providing your ESA claim has not stopped before applying for UC.

You may want to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation as to the timing of making a claim when your son is sent a migration letter, as timing can be crucial; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #290148 by Anneb
Replied by Anneb on topic Fit note question
Thank you for the advice re the fit note ! Good to know that my son should be placed automatically in the LCWRA group.

And thanks for the link to find my local Welfare Rights Organisation - I shall keep a note of that, I hadn't realised that timing will be important...so many things to think of.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.