× Members

DWP Facebook AD threw me off PIP

More
1 week 6 days ago #290275 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic DWP Facebook AD threw me off PIP
Hi All,

These scammers (if this is what has happened, are incredibly clever people) - I've been scammed myself twice in the past, and I have over 15 years of financial experience!
It may be a good idea to access BBC Iplayer, and watch Scam Interceptors with Rav Wilding. This will help in learning what's going on, and where you can also get help from, if this has been the case.
It's a horrific and worrying experience to go through!

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Sheila 966, Wendy Woo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 10 hours ago #290541 by DARK STARR
Replied by DARK STARR on topic DWP Facebook AD threw me off PIP
I can tell you that I was not asked to enter my bank details and so no money was diverted into someone else's account.

They only asked me foe my email address for monthly job newsletters.

However those monthly newsletters never arrived.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Wendy Woo

More
1 week 7 hours ago #290551 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic DWP Facebook AD threw me off PIP
Hi DARK STARR,

Sometimes these scammers can create web based pages to look exactly like the original thing, and all it can take is for you to simply click a link, and they can drop malicious files on your computer to track and steal all your information just like that. Make sure you've an up to date anti virus, and just be as careful as you can - there's signs you can spot such as your computer running really slow for example.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Wendy Woo, C

More
1 week 4 hours ago #290563 by KABTT
Replied by KABTT on topic DWP Facebook AD threw me off PIP
Try the CAB or phone a charity line that deals with your condition/s
For example for Interstitial Cystitis there is a charity that has a helpline, there's also one for mental health - Mind. What's happened to you is dreadful, I suspect the DWP is just cutting off many as the media is demonising sick folks again. Has your MP helped?
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.