× Members

UC LCWRA and Income Protection Insurance

More
1 week 6 days ago #290298 by JohnnyFive
UC LCWRA and Income Protection Insurance was created by JohnnyFive
Hi everyone!

This is my first post.

I’m claiming Universal Credit, with LCWRA due to ME/CFS diagnosis. I understand this gives me a ‘Work Allowance’ of £673 per month.

I also work part-time as self-employed. I earn £339 per month for this work.

I have an Income Protection Insurance (sickness) policy on which I can claim up to £204 per month if I choose to.

If I claimed on the IP Insurance, this would take my total monthly income to £543, which is less than the Work Allowance.

If I claim on the insurance policy, would this be counted as being supplemental income within the limit of the Work Allowance? Or would I be 'penalised' with a reduction in my UC payment?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #290324 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC LCWRA and Income Protection Insurance
Hi JonnyFive

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Payments received under an insurance policy to insure against the risk of losing income due to illness, accident or redundancy (Income protection Insurance) is taken fully into account.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.