× Members

DWP Letter about changes in PIP law

More
1 week 6 days ago #290330 by Emzy
Please help because I received a letter from DWP about changes in PIP law last December 2023. It’s only this month of April 2024 that I understand what it meant. The letter says if I think I am affected by this change, I will write or phone them. Am I late to write a letter that I am covered by this change? Do I need to attach evidences with my letter? Please advise, thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #290372 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic DWP Letter about changes in PIP law
Hi Emzy

I am not aware of any changes in PIP Law, If I was you I would contact DWP and just explain that you had trouble understanding the letter and ask them if they can explain it to you.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
1 week 5 days ago #290385 by Emzy
Replied by Emzy on topic DWP Letter about changes in PIP law
The letter from DWP was about the Changes in PIP law about “The need for Social Support when Engaging with other people face to face”. The letter was dated December 2023. It’s already month of April, can I still write DWP and tell them that I am affected by this change?

More
1 week 5 days ago #290388 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP Letter about changes in PIP law
E

This relates to a UTT Decision referred to as "MM" and relates to the Mixing with Others activity. If you previously scored 2 points for

Needs prompting to be able to engage with other people

you may also have met the criteria for

Needs social support to be able to engage with other people

which scores 4 points.

The extra two points would enable someone who received ten or eleven points on their original assessments during the period from 2016 to 2020, to score the 12 points for an Enhanced award and an increased payment.

Members who have been successful in asking for their claims to be reviewed have received significant back payments well in excess of £5000.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emzy, C

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #290390 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic DWP Letter about changes in PIP law
Hello Emzy,
I was also unaware of a change in the law, although we don’t know everything! A number of years ago there was a change in how the social support descriptor was interpreted and the DWP did write to everyone who might be affected at the time, but as far as I know that is all closed now. I fear that there is a chance that this may be a scam. Please do contact the DWP as Gary has suggested, but make sure that use the regular PIP helpline number, not the number on the letter if that is different.
Catherine
P.s. and I have just seen Gordon’s reply to you high refers to the same thing.

Last edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Catherine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emzy, C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.